About the Program
On the successful completion of the program, participants would be awarded the title ‘Executive MBA'.
The uniqueness of the program is threefold
1. Executive MBA degree program for working professionals
2. Specialisation in all functional areas with emphasis on digital innovation
3. Cutting-edge curriculum to build responsible leaders with entrepreneurial mindset
The predominant goal of the Program is to help the participants enhance their entrepreneurial skills and strategies to take organization at next-level and to activate their personal development and emerge as responsible Leaders. The specific objectives are as under:
• Develop entrepreneurial skills to adapt ever-changing business environment and apply the concepts of business management.
• Ability to integrate innovative ideas across functional areas to diagnose and solve complex business problems.
• Acquire deeper insights on managing people and digital transformation to act as strong organizational leaders.
• Ability to take a big picture approach with innovation and inclusiveness as quintessential for senior managers.
1. A two-year degree program in blended mode (mostly online)
2. Interaction with corporate, faculty from national and international B-schools
3. IIM Sambalpur Alumni status
4. Experiential Learning through Flipped Classroom Pedagogy
5. Focus on Cohort diversity across nationalities
6. CEO immersion program
7. Specialisation offered in all functional areas
8. Contemporary focus on managing people and digital transformation
9. Classes on weekends or evening only
- Total 750 hours of classroom teaching, 450 hours in the first year, and 300 hours in the second year.
- Module 1 – Term I, II & III - 450 hours of core courses
- Module 2 – Term IV & V - 180 hours of elective courses
- Module 3 – Term VI – 90 hours of compulsory advance courses
- Project - 30 hours
- Blended learning model with a combination of online and offline classroom modes
- In-campus visit at the beginning of first year and second year.
- Weekend classes or/and evening classes on weekdays
- Course delivery would include an eclectic mix of Flipped classrooms, case-based methods of teaching, simulations, problem-solving exercises, assignments, roleplay, and in-class discussions.
Pedagogy & Learning Experience
Flipped Classroom, Blended Learning, Innovative approach in pedagogy of learning. The Blended-mode of course-delivery addresses the constraints of working professionals in having to be away from work for extended durations of time, typically necessitated by fully on-campus, residential programs. The program is planned to be offered on high definition, video conference based virtual classroom (VCR) online platform and offline mode i.e., on Campus of IIM Sambalpur.
Each functional area focuses on digital transformation because it’s not about technology, it is about change. Organizations in the current business environment are under tremendous pressure to embrace digital technologies to either respond to disruption or explore opportunities. Therefore, to thrive in a digitized universe, each functional areas of businesses need to reinvent themselves and substantially change their strategy.
People management is core dimension of every business in turbulent times. The paradigm shift from profit-centric approach to people-centric approach has changed the sustainable business strategy. Therefore, to manage people in emerging business, each functional area of business needs to redesign inclusive and diverse strategy.
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT SAMBALPUR
Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha – 768019
Phone no.: 9811210611