Dr. Poonam Kumar is a faculty member Marketing area at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sambalpur. More than Twenty years of experience of Dr. Kumar is a blend of industry, academics, research, training, and consulting with mix experience of working under different Indian and International University systems. Dr. Kumar has served and shouldered many administrative responsibilities like Program Director, Course Leader-PG & Executive Program etc., at Indian Universities and Under Nottingham Trend University system. Dr. Poonam has been actively involved in training and she has conducted various training programs for middle, senior and top-level executives in Maharatna and Navratna PSUs like NHPC, BHEL. GAIL, IOC etc. She has trained a mixture of public sector, corporate and NGO’s on marketing /branding and CSR guidelines including OECD, GRI (G3-G4), ISO 26000 and DPE with its inclusive Growth approach and methodology. Dr. Kumar has also conducted various training programs for faculty in India and International. Prof Kumar has trained more than three hundred academicians including, Professors, Principals, of various Universities and premier schools.
Prof Kumar has numerous publications in refereed International and National Journals and in the proceedings of the refereed International and National Conference in her credit. She has also presented research papers in various refereed National & International Conferences, including at London, Srilanka, Thailand, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Indore, IIM Lucknow etc. Dr. Poonam has on her credit book on Research Methodology & Brand Management. She has also chaired sessions in many international and national conferences. Her areas of specialization are Marketing, Branding, Marketing research & CB.
- Marketing Management II (Core)
- Consumer Behaviour (Elective)
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce (Elective)
MBA Executive Course:
• Strategic Marketing (Core)
Courses Taught in Doctoral Programme:
• Advances in Marketing Management
Business leadership Programme:
• Entrepreneurial Marketing for Business leaders
Kumar, P., Chauhan, S., Jaiswal, M. (2022). An innovation resistance theory perspective on home service applications: The moderating role of country context (accepted & first published). International Journal of Consumer Studies. (ABDC: A) https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcs.12787.
Chauhan, S., Kumar, P., Jaiswal, M. (2021). A meta-analysis of M-commerce continuance intention: moderating impact of culture and user types. Behaviour & Information Technology. (ABDC: A) https://doi.org/10.1080/0144929X.2021.1960607.
MDP & Consultancy:
- Programme Director & Trainer- Six days MDP on Programme Saksham for IOCL Middle level Managers on 7th- 12th December 2020, 4th-9th January 2021 & 21st-26th June 2021.
- Programme Director & Trainer - MDP MADHYAMA-1 Mid-Career Programme of IOCL, 2021- 2022 (Phase-I, Phase II & Phase III).
- Programme Director & Trainer of Professors of Sharda University on “The Transformational leadership”: Inner game Workshop on 11th January 2018.
- Programme Director & Trainer- Principals & academicians from various Schools on 21st Century teaching skills at Delhi, Noida, Patna & Jodhpur in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Programme coordinator of 4th International Conference on Sustainable development at Malaysia with SERD on 30th-31st May 2016.
- Programme director and trainer - Global Laureate network for marketing research on September 17th- 20th 2016.
- Programme Director & Trainer of ISO 26000, NCRCL Certification programme for Maharatna’s and Navratna’s in January,2012
- Programme Director & Trainer -CSR guidelines (Non-Financial Reporting), MDP in January 2013 for NHPC, BHEL, GAIL.
- Programme director & Trainer of Open MDP on Marketing for non-Marketing people on “March 2013.
- Trainer for a 4-week ITC Certificate Course on “branding though Corporate Social Responsibility in August 2012.
- Trainer in knowledge management on five Days MDP on ‘The Art of Self-Leadership and Managerial Effectiveness ‘for Senior Executives of MCL (2020).
- Trainer in Leadership Communication and Knowledge Management, Five days MDP on ‘Strategic Leadership Programme for Senior Executives’ of MCL (2021).
- Trainer in Customer on “Five Days Online MDP on Strategic Leadership for MCL Senior Executives in 2021.
- Trainer: Personal branding creative workshop, Pan India in 2019-2020 for students.
- Conducted series of Webinar on Indian Education sector Post Covid Strategies and Implications at Institute of Business Management & Research & Padmashri Dr. G. G. Jadhav Mahavidyalaya in 2020.
- Research trainer- “Advanced Techniques in Research and Data Analytical Tools at MIET (AICTE) in 2020.
- Research trainer-Faculty from NTU Validated courses in 2016 & 2017.
- Research trainer-’ On Research Methodology at Symbiosis Noida 2012.
- Taken workshop at Brandix University Colombo on Consumer Behavior and importance of research in 2018.
- Consultancy Project: Evaluation partner for SANKALP Kendrapara project on Golden Grass. A MoA is signed between Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur & SIDAC (State Institute for Development of Arts & Crafts), Handlooms, Textiles and Handicrafts Department, Government of Odisha. (Ongoing).