Dr. Rahul Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the area of Information Systems at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sambalpur. Prior to this, he was at the Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB) in the Decision Science area. There, he was Joint Coordinator for the Executive MBA program in Business Analytics. He holds his doctorate (FPM) from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi. Post PhD, he had a brief stint at Industry as an Analytics Consultant at Infosys Consulting. By background he is an engineer from BIT Mesra, Ranchi. Prior to joining IIM Ranchi as a doctoral scholar, he was working as a Manager at Jusco Pvt Ltd., A TATA STEEL Subsidiary.
Quantitative Techniques for Management
Business Analytics using R
Big Data Analytics
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Deep Learning in Business
Rahul Kumar, Shubhadeep Mukherjee, Tsan Ming Choi, Lalitha Damotharan, (2022) Mining Voices from Self-expressed Messages on Social-Media: Diagnostics of Mental Distress during COVID-19, Decision Support Systems, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2022.113792, Elsevier, [A*-ABDC].
Kumar, R., Deb, S. G., & Mukherjee, S (2022) (Accepted and forthcoming). “Deciphering the Corporate Mind: Capturing Early Warning Signals in Non-Numeric Communication Channels Using Computational Intelligence.” Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research (Emerald, ABDC: A).
Choudhary, D., & Kumar, R., (2021). Risk investigation in circular economy: a hierarchical decision model approach. International Journal of Logistics Research & Applications (Article in Press) ('B' Category in 'ABDC').
Rahul Kumar and Rahul Thakurta.,(2021) Exploring artefact reusability in decision support system - a synthesis of extant contributions. International Journal of Information Systems and Change Management. Vol. 12, No. 3.['C' category]
Rahul Kumar (2021). Managin
g Business in the Digital Era-The use of IT and Analytics for Process Transformation, Journal of Decision Systems, DOI: 10.1080/ 12460125.2021.1925397 ['B' category]
Shubhadeep Mukherjee, Rahul Kumar & Pradip Kumar Bala (2021). Managing a natural disaster: actionable insights from microblog data, Journal of Decision Systems, DOI: 10.1080/12460125.2021.
1918045 ['B' category]
R. Kumar & R. Thakurta (2021), Exfoliating decision support system: a synthesis of themes using text mining. Information Systems and E-Business Management. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10257-020-00490-4 ['B' category, Impact Factor-2.161]
- Rahul Kumar, Soumya Guha Deb and Shubhadeep Mukherjee, (2020). "Do words reveal the latent truth? Identifying communication patterns of corporate losers", Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbef.2020.100291, Elsevier- ['A' in ABDC]
- Arghya Ray, Pradip Kumar Bala & Rahul Kumar (2020): An NLP-SEM approach to examine the gratifications affecting user’s choice of different e-learning providers from user tweets, Journal of Decision Systems, DOI: 10.1080/12460125.2020.1847406 ['B' category]
- R. Kumar, B. Kumar, P.K. Bala and S. Mukherjee, "Deriving wisdom from virtual investing communities: An alternative strategy to stock recommendations", Journal of Modelling in Management. Emerald Publishing House (accepted-July'2020) https://doi.org/10.1108/JM2-09-2019-0229. [ABDC listed – ‘C’ category and Thomson Reuters indexed]
- Kumar, R., Bala, P. K., & Mukherjee, S. (2020). Improving recommendation quality by identifying more similar neighbours in a collaborative filtering mechanism. International Journal of Operational Research, 38(3), 321-342. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJOR.2020.107532 [ ABDC listed – ‘C’ category- while accepted]
- Kumar, R., Bala, P. K., & Mukherjee, S. (2020). A new neighbourhood formation approach for solving cold-start user problem in collaborative filtering. International Journal of Applied Management Science, 12(2), 118-141. I https://doi.org/10.1504/IJAMS.2020.106734 [ABDC- ‘C’ category while accepted]
- Latha Ravindran and Rahul Kumar, "Development induced displacement: a data mining approach towards vulnerability and impoverishment risks", , International Journal of Development and Conflict 9(2019) 249–290. Category 'B' [ABDC]
- Snehvrat, S., Kumar, A., Kumar, R. and Dutta, S. (2018), "The state of ambidexterity research: a data mining approach", International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 26 No. 2, pp. 343-367. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOA-06-2017-1182 [ABDC listed – ‘B’ category]
- R. Kumar and P. K. Bala. “Recommendation Engine based on derived wisdom for more similar item neighbors”, Information Systems and e-Business Management, Springer Publication, August 2017, Volume 15, Issue 3, pp 661– 687. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10257-016-0322-y [impact factor: 1.723@Thomson Reuters – ‘B’ category]
- Kumar, R., & Bala, P. K. (2017). Identifying meaningful neighbors for an improved recommender system. Journal of Modelling in Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/JM2-07-2015-0050 [ABDC listed – ‘C’ category and Thomson Reuters indexed]
- Kumar, A., Kumar, R., Dutta, S. K., Kumar, R., & Mukherjee, A. (2017). Reconceptualising co-opetition using text mining: inductive derivation of a consensual definition of the field (1996-2015). International Journal of Business Environment, 9(2), 114-137. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBE.2017.085346 [ ABDC listed – ‘C’ category]