Rolling Advertisement for Faculty Positions
IIM Sambalpur invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the following academic areas. The Appointment (s) will be made on regular/contractual basis depending upon the qualification/experience/ suitability etc.
- Finance & Accounting Management
- Human Resource Management / Organizational Behavior
- Information Systems Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management / Quantitative techniques
- General Management / Public Policy
- Business Communication
|S. No.||Position||Pay Scale (7th CPC)|
|1||Professor||Academic Level 14 A|
|2||Associate Professor||Academic Level 13 A2|
|3||Assistant Professor*||Academic Level 12 or Academic Level 11|
Education Qualification and Experience:
Ph.D. degree or equivalent in the discipline, with a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with an exceptionally good academic record throughout. Minimum of ten years teaching or research or industry experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NIIE) Mumbai, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) or in any of the top fifty ranked Business Schools or Universities as per the latest National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranking or in foreign university of comparable standards. Successful track record of teaching, training, research, and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals (At least three papers in A/A* or six papers in B or equivalent contribution of A and B class journals in ABDC ranking during last four years. However, out of the above at least two papers must in class in A/A* and remaining may be in B).
The candidate should have guided as chair for at least three Ph.D. or Fellow Programme In Management (FPM) students and must have conducted at least three research or Consultancy projects for Large sponsored organization and should have Cases published in Harvard or Ivey publications.
(b) Associate Professor:
Ph.D. degree or equivalent in the discipline, with a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with an exceptionally good academic record throughout. Minimum of six years Teaching or Industry or Research experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor. Successful track record of teaching, training, research, and publications in reputed peer- reviewed journals (At least two papers in A/A* class or four papers in B or eight papers in C or equivalent contribution of A, B and C class journal in ABDC ranking during last four years. However out of the above at least one paper must in class A/A* and remaining may be in B and C. Publication requirement may be relaxed for candidates having relevant Industry experience).
The candidate should have guided as chair for at least one Ph.D. or Fellow Programme In Management (FPM) students and must have conducted at least one research or Consultancy projects for Large sponsored organization or Case publication in Harvard or Ivey is desirable.
(c) Assistant Professor:
Ph.D. degree or equivalent in the discipline, with a first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with an exceptionally good academic record throughout. At least three years industrial or research or teaching experience,
excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. The research publications in class A or B must for confirm appointment (Publication requirement may be relaxed for candidates having relevant Industry experience)
- It is mandatory for all applicants to apply online.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the closing date for receipt of the applications. They are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for a post. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed educational qualification and experience are the minimum. Mere fulfilling of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to devise its criteria for short listing for all the positions advertised. The duly constituted Screening Committee will shortlist the candidates adopting such criteria. Candidates are advised to mention in the online application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, and ensure that all details are complete accurate and correct.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of any/all applications, fixing the eligibility criteria, equivalence of qualifications, mode of screening/selection, conduct of test/examination/interview, will be final and binding on the candidates.
- No interim correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Institute.
- During the process of selection, the Institute reserves the right to seek any other certificate including vigilance clearance in respect of the candidates already in service at any time.
- The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any or all the advertised positions without assigning any reason.
- All the above positions require full 24x7 commitment to the Institute. Therefore, candidates willing to dedicate themselves fully to the Institute are expected to apply.
- For regular appointment, there would be a probation period of 2 years.
- Candidate called for interview to fill a vacancy, may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
- Reservation policy of government of India shall be applicable.
- Canvassing in any form will be disqualification.
- The institute will communicate only with shortlisted candidate.