Dr Mahadeo Jaiswal is the Founding Director of Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Sambalpur. Prior to this he was Professor in Information Systems and Dean (Research) at MDI, Gurgaon. His qualifications include PGPX from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA; PhD in Computer Science from Delhi University and Sr. Fulbright Fellow from Carnegie Mellon University, USA. Recently, he has also been conferred an honorary degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) by Sangam University. He has been Visiting Professor at IIM Ahmedabad, University of California, USA and Rotterdam School of Management, NL. His area of expertise includes Innovation Strategy for Start-ups, Digital Innovation & Platform Eco Systems, Social Entrepreneurship, eGovernment, ERP and IT Strategy. He has published more than 100 research papers and Cases in International Journals and He is author of 7 books in Information Systems and Digital Strategy. He has pioneered in introducing Flipped Classroom as learning pedagogy in India.
He has been engaged as Management Consultant on ERP and Digital Strategy for several large organizations such as Coal India Ltd (CIL)., Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), POWERGRID, Rural Electrification Corporation, NTPC-SAIL, Asian Development Bank, SJVN Ltd., HP Power Generation/Distribution/Transmission, Cochin International Airport, etc. He was associated in developing Capability Maturity Model (CMM) for IT and ITES at Carnegie Mellon University, USA during 2004-5 and was Visiting Professor at Rotterdam Business School, NL during 2001-3 where he developed e-Business simulation game as part of European Union funded large research project. He drafted policy document on “ICT Strategy for Indian Manufacturing Competitiveness” for DIPP, Government of India. He has been member of several expert committee of GOI and Industry.
To be updated soon
- Management Information Systems, Published by OXFORD University Press, 2004
- e-CRM: Business and Systems Frontiers, Published by ASIAN Books Pvt. Ltd, 2002
- e-Business Models: Success Strategies, Published by EXCEL Books, 2002
- Textbook of Enterprise Resource Planning, Published by TRINITY Press, 2005
- Enterprise Systems & BPM, Published by MACMILLAN, 2008
- Bridging Digital Divide, Published by MACMILLAN, 2007
- Information Systems, Technology and Management, Published by SPRINGER, Germany, 2010
Management Cases Co-Authored:
- Case – RedBus: The Next Step for Growth, Richard Ivey Publication, 2013
- Case – OXYGEN: Nurturing the Mobile Payment Ecosystem in India, Richard Ivey Publication 2015
- Case – BIRLASOFT Sale Force Crises, Asia Case Research Journal, 2015
- Case – SAP Labs India: Co-innovation in Public Procurement Systems, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Publication, 2014
Research Papers Published in International Journals:
- MukhopadhyaySandip, Bouwman Harry, and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “A Platform Centric Approach to achieve Scalable Government Delivery in a BOP Context”, Government Information Quarterly (Elsevier), Vol 36, Issue 3, 2019
- Gupta, Parul, Chauhan, Sumedha, and Jaiswal, Mahadeo. (2019). “Classification of smart city research - A descriptive literature review and future research agenda. Information Systems Frontiers, Vol 21, issue 3, 2019
- Chauhan, Sumedha, Gupta, Parul, &Jaiswal, Mahadeo, “Factors inhibiting the internet adoption by base of the pyramid in India”, Digital Policy, Regulation and Governance, 20(4), 2018
- Chauhan, Sumedha, Jaiswal, Mahadeo, Rai, S., Motiwalla, L., &Pipino, L., “Determinants of adoption for open-source office applications: A plural investigation”, Information Systems Management, 35(2), 80-97, 2018
- Chauhan, Sumedha,Mukhopadhyay, Sandip., &Jaiswal, Mahadeo,“The adoption of mobile app for B2C transaction in platform marketplace: An empirical examination of key drivers”, Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, 20(1), 9-22, 2018
- Chauhan, Sumedha, Jaiswal, Mahadeo,&Kar, A. K., “The acceptance of electronic voting machines in India: a UTAUT approach”, Electronic Government, an International Journal, 14(3), 2018
- Chauhan Sumedhaand Jaiswal Mahadeo, “A meta-analysis of e-health applications acceptance: Moderating impact of user types and e-health application types”, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 30, No. 2, 2018
- Goyal Sandeep, Serge Bruno and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Understanding the challenges and strategic actions of social entrepreneurship at base of the pyramid, Management Decision, Vol 54, No 2, 2016
- ChuahanSumedha and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Determinants of acceptance of ERP software training in business schools: Empirical investigation using UTAUT model”, International Journal of Management Education (Elsevier), Vol 14, pp 248-262, 2016
- Chauhan Sumedhaand Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Exploring Factors Affecting Service Quality of ERP on Cloud: A Revelatory Case Study”. International Journal of Business Information Systems, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2015
- Goyal S, Espisito M, Kapoor A and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Linking up: inclusive business models for access to energy solutions at base of the pyramid in India”, International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 12(4), 2014.
- Goyal Sandeep, Serge B S and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “ How to Design and Implement the Social Business Models for the BoP Markets, European Journal of Development Research, Vol 27, 5, 2015
- Gupta Nakul, Jaiswal Mahadeo and PardasaniRupali, “FragraManaging Knowledge and Going Global at Fragra Aroma”, Management Decision, Vol 52, 9, 2014
- Jain Shilpi and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Is Software as a Service an Innovation”, Journal of Digital business, 8(1), 2014.
- Saxena A and Jaiswal Mahadeo, “Impact of Business Flexibility Capabilities on Firm Performance: ES Perspective”, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, 2012.
- Prakash N, Jaiswal Mahadeo and Gulla U, ‘A conceptual Framwork for Measuring Public Value of Enterprise Applications’, Electronic Government- An International Journal, Vol 6, No. 3, 2009.
- Yadav V and Jaiswal Mahadeo, ‘Supplier Capabilities and eSourcing Relationships: A Psychological Contract Perspective’ Journal of Information Technology Research, Vol 2, No. 2, 2009.
- Chabra S and Jaiswal Mahadeo, ‘E-Government Organizational Performance Framework: Case Study of Haryana State in India - A Log Linear Regression Analysis’, International Journal of Electronic Government Research, Volume 4, Issue 3, July-September 2008.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo and Saxena A, ‘The Impact of ERP on Organizations Effectiveness: A Literature Review’, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Summer 2008.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo and Chabra S, ‘E-Government Service Quality Framework of Citizen Service, Journal of Digital business, Vol. 2, Issue 1&II, 2007.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo and Kaushik A, ‘Realizing enhanced business value due to business network re-design through extended ERP systems: case study of HLLNet’, Business Process Management Journal (Emerald), Vol. 11, No. 2, 2005.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo, ‘The Change Management Strategies for Effective E-Management’, International Journal of Management and Technologies, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2005.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo, and Raghav B. ‘Cost-Quality based Consumer Perception Analysis of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in India, Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy Journal (Emerald), Vol. 14, No. 1, 2004.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo, ‘Enhancing Business Value through ERP Enabled E-Business Transformation’, Journal of E-Business (International Academy of E-Business), Vol. 2, Issue 2, Dec. 2002.
- Jaiswal Mahadeo, atl, ‘Information Technology Implementation in Indian Co-operatives: Issues and Suggestions’, International Journal of Management & Systems Vol. 12, No.2 (1996).
- Jaiswal Mahadeo, Sharma CL &Karmeshu, ‘Stochastic Analysis of Non-Linear Machine Interference Model’, Math. & Computers in Simulation, North Holland, 34 (1992).
Research Papers Published in National Journals / Chapter in Book:
- Jaiswal MP, The Effective Implementation of Enterprise Systems: Best Practice Cases from India, Chapter in Book on ‘Enterprise Systems and Business Process Management: Global Best Practices’, MACMILLAN Advanced Research Series, 2008.
- Jaiswal MP, ICT in enabling Global Competitiveness and Growth: Case for Manufacturing Industry in Emerging Economy, Chapter in Book on Bridging Digital Divide, MACMILLAN Advanced Research Series, 2007.
- Jaiswal MP and Sharma Anjali, ‘ERP Systems Extended to B2B e-Business”, VISION: The Journal of Business Perspective, 5, Special Issue, 2001.
- Madan S, Kumar M., and Jaiswal MP ‘Security Risk Management Practices of E-Business in India’, VISION: The Journal of Business Perspective, 5, Special Issue, 2001.
- Jaiswal MP, ‘Managing Supply Chain with SAP R/3 and Lotus Notes at GMIL’ chapter in a book on Supply Chain Management, published by MacMillan, 1999.
- Jaiswal MP, ‘Reengineering Supply Chain Process with Object-Oriented Model’, chapter in a book on Supply Chain Management for Global Competitiveness, MacMillan, 1999.
- Jaiswal MP, ‘The Role of Information Technology, TQM and Business Vision in BPR-A Case Study of BPR in Agribusiness Management in India; Reengineering in Action, The Quest for World-Class Excellence, Imperial College Press,1998.
- Jaiswal MP, ‘Managing e-Business Transformation’, Indian Management, Vol. 40, No. 10, October 2001.
- Jaiswal MP, ‘Building Knowledge-Based Multimedia GIS for Planning and Management of Natural Resources’, IT for Organisational Excellence, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing, 1997.
To be updated soon